Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Christmas Day started with SNOW! A bunch of Snow! How exciting for Little's first Christmas to be a white one! By the time we woke up at 7 AM, we already had several inches of snow. It was beautiful! We bundled up Little and took her out to touch the snow, but she didn't seem to be very interested. She prefers to stay warm and toasty.
On Christmas morning, Frank's parents headed back home, and we went over to my parents house, which is only a few miles away from us. There, we celebrated the birth of Jesus with both of my brothers and their families. It's always a great time when we get together, especially since we have so many children in the family. They definitely keep everything fun. You can see in the pictures that Little loves her cousin, Carlie.
As soon as everyone arrived, we had a huge lunch with the main course being my mom's brisket. And let me tell you, you've never had brisket if you haven't had hers. She knows how to make it the right way. We also sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, one of my family's long time traditions. My two oldest nieces made the birthday cake this year, and it was delicious! Next, we read the Christmas story and then handed out presents. It's so much fun to watch all of the kids open their presents, and Little had a great time opening hers. Among her gifts was a sock monkey, handmade by my mom with Little's name stitched on it's back. It is so special, and Little already loves it. My mom has made one for each of her grandchildren, 9 in all, and both of my brothers have one. Now, just my sisters-n-law and I need one!The festivities continued with a snowman creation and a pinata smashing (And before you ask, yes, there were injuries).Have I ever told you how much I love my family? They were the perfect people with which to celebrate such a joyous occasion. I only wish we could've spent more time together.

Love to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment