Sunday, December 5, 2010

Little Loves Church

Little loves to go to Church. One of the main reasons, I think, is that she loves people so much. She loves to meet people and to see her friends. In particular, she really loves her "older" friends. Last quarter, Frank taught Sunday School in the Bereans class (which has an average age of 75, I think, or maybe even higher). When he started teaching the class, Little was only 2 1/2 months old, so you can imagine how much she has grown right in front of them week after week in the last 3 months. They absolutely adore her and loved having her in the class, but even more, Little loved being with them. I don't know what it is about her "older" friends, but she just can't get enough. I have never seen her act around anyone like she does around some of these ladies. And what's amazing is that she knows them now. She actually recognizes them if they come see her when we're not even in their classroom. It's truly amazing. One of her favorite friends is Mrs. Gayla. Today, I took Little in the Bereans class to show off her new Christmas dress that my Mom made for her. As soon as she saw Gayla, I might as well have left the room. She lunged toward Gayla and just wanted to hug on her. Literally, she kept bear hugging Gayla and rubbing her head all over Gayla's face. I have never seen her act like this with anyone else. I tried to get a couple of shots of the action with my handy little camera that I keep in my purse. Take a look at this sweetness:

When I was little, I was the same way around the Senior Adults at our church. I just loved spending time with them and even went on field trips with them. I even had one friend named Kate who I would have spend the night parties with. She was probably around 70 or so. I even chose a career where I was able to work with Seniors every single day of the week. It was truly my dream job. Maybe Little just takes after her Momma's love for Seniors.

Even though Little misses two naps on Sundays because we're at church, she's just so happy the whole time we're there. Of course, by the time we got home, she was definitely ready for some relaxation. So we changed into our comfy clothes and took a nice long 3-hour nap. I think these sweatpants were mine when I was a baby. (They were either mine or belonged to one of my dolls. haha) What a great day!

Until next time,

Love to all...

2 comments:

  1. Did Amara smell like old lady perfume? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so stinkin cute! The last picture reminds me of Claire when she was that small.

    ReplyDelete