Saturday, December 4, 2010

Parties on hold...

People always say that everything changes when you have a kid, but you never really understand that until you experience it. The interesting thing is, though, that you don't mind the changes. One of the biggest changes for me has been having to adjust our schedule, mainly our "going out" schedule. For instance, because Little goes to bed so early, we can't really go anywhere at night. I know this will all change when she gets a little older and can spend the night with her grandparents, but for now, she needs Momma and Daddy (and most importantly Momma's milk). Because she is so much fun and I love her so much, I really don't mind staying home with her. Although I do look forward to going on "night" dates with Frank sometime again in the near future. What brought this all up is the fact that we missed our first party last night. I am a party animal and try to never miss an opportunity to socialize, so I really missed hanging out with all of our friends. But I did get to stay home with this Sweet Pea, and who could argue with that?It does help that Amara is so much fun right now. Her personality is really showing, so we do a lot of laughing at our house. She has been talking a lot and when she sees that she has our attention, she'll just laugh and laugh. She also laughs at me when I break into song, which is a few times every hour of the day (this is not an exaggeration...ask Frank), and usually the songs are ones that I've either made up or taken the tune of another song and written my own lyrics on the fly. Usually the songs that I write are about Amara. She also loves to dance with me. And we love company, so let me know if you'd like to come spend the day with us to see what I'm talking about.

That's all for now.

Love to all...

4 comments:

  1. We truly missed you at the party!! Let us know when you're down with a babysitter so we can PAR-TAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny- I totally make up songs all day and sing to Keegan. Sometimes they rhyme, sometimes they don't :)

    ReplyDelete