Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!


We, like many of our friends with babies and toddlers, spent a nice quiet New Year's Eve at home. Some of our best friends, Clint and Leah, so graciously offered to come keep us company. If you came to our party last year, you may recognize these masks. Here is a little refresher from NYE 2009: This was the first year that I haven't gone to or thrown a big party, so I decided that I wanted to at least do something to make it a more-special-than-normal night. The solution? Food! I wanted to cook a big dinner for us and our friends while we just chill and ring in the New Year. I decided to start with one of Frank's favorite dishes that I make, roast. It was delicious! It cooked for almost 14 hours and just fell apart and melted in your mouth. Seriously. I always like to have rice when I cook this dish since there is usually gravy from the roast. And what better vegetable to go with that than green peas? Yum! I also got found a great idea in the cookbook that my mom gave me for Christmas. Bacon wrapped green bean bundles with brown sugar/dry mustard topping. Oh yes, it was yummy. I even remembered to take a picture of the food! I know, that's a shocker. Leah brought strawberry pretzel salad (Frank's favorite) and my favorite, no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. We decided that we were going to have so much food that we called our good friends the Hamill's (who live really close to us) and they rearranged their plans so they could spend the night with us! We are so thankful for such great friends. Natasha even made a homemade chocolate cake for us.Everybody came over around 8 PM and we started to eat dinner. We sat at the table talking for over 2 hours. We must have had a lot to catch up on because before we knew it, it was already midnight and time to ring in the New Year. Frank and I were truly blessed in 2010. We are so thankful for our friends. And we received the most special gift of all this past year, our precious baby girl. I'm excited to see what 2011 will bring. Happy New Year everybody!

1 comment: