Friday, January 7, 2011

White Chocolate Bread Pudding...I'm in Love!

Oh my! If you read my last blog you know what I'm talking about. I have just tasted the most divine white chocolate bread pudding, right in my own kitchen.

I am a major sweet-eater. Seriously, I would have dessert with every meal if it was acceptable. And of all the desserts I've had, bread pudding is probably my favorite. Now, it does have to be a good bread pudding, and those are very hard to come by. I've only had two at restaurants that are even worth mentioning. The others were just edible, but nothing to write home about.

I've always wanted to have a good bread pudding recipe, but most of the ones that I've seen are just way too complicated. No, I don't have a double boiler to melt my chocolate. That's just too complicated. Give me something quick and easy that tastes like a million bucks. You say I can't have it all? Well, I just did. I know you are probably skeptical, and I was, too, when I saw this recipe. It just looks way too easy. But let me tell you, it is a-ma-zing!

I cannot take the credit for this. It is from the cookbook made by the ladies at Faith Presbyterian in Birmingham, where Frank's parents are members. This particular recipe is from Rebecca Brown. Now, I did not exactly follow the measurements because I halved the recipe and didn't measure. Even with only making a half recipe, it was huge. I will post the whole recipe, but you can tweak it as necessary for your household. I will definitely be making this for one of my next dinner parties.

So, here's the recipe:

Pudding:
4 c. heavy cream
1 loaf Pepperidge Farm hot and crusty French loaf (I didn't use that. I just used a french loaf I had in my freezer. I think it was Cobblestone Mills.)
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. vanilla
12 oz. white chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder

Sauce:
1 c. heavy cream
12 oz. white chocolate chips

Pudding: Tear bread into small pieces and place in large mixing bowl. Pour cream over bread and let soak 30 minutes. Stir eggs, sugar and vanilla into bread mixture. Stir in white chocolate chips. Pour into greased 9x13 inch dish. Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes, until set in the middle. Sift cocoa powder over pudding, scoop into bowls, and top with the sauce. (I actually put the cocoa powder after I scooped it out onto the individual plates.)

Sauce: Combine both ingredients in a glass container and microwave for 2 minutes or until smooth when stirred. Reheat when serving.
.............................

I know what you are thinking....That sounds way too easy and there's no way it could taste that good. Well, you must try it for yourself and let me know once you have. It really is unbelievable. Take it from a dessert fanatic.

1 comment: