Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Adventures in Sewing

Frank surprised me with a sewing machine for Christmas (so much for not exchanging presents, right?). I have been very overwhelmed because it is computerized and very intimidating. My mom, who is a wonderful seamstress, took me to Hancock Fabrics to pick out some fabric and as simple a pattern as we could find. This dress is my first creation. It's hard to tell in the picture but it is grey seersucker with ladybugs on it...very cute! My mom helped me by supervising and directing the project, but I can honestly say that every stitch was done by ME! I'm very proud! It's still a little big for Amara, but I'm looking forward to seeing her in it very soon! When I bought this fabric, I also got some cute fabric with little birds on it. I may try to make another dress, like this one, but all on my own with no supervision. Hopefully I'll have another successful project to post about. Wish me luck.

Love to all...

1 comment: