Friday, February 18, 2011

8 month update

Our Sweet Little Pea turned 8 months old this week. To celebrate, she decided to crawl (on the actual day of her 8 month birthday)! Wow, things have been different for the past couple of days since. She is all over the place and requires constant supervision. This weekend is going to be full of major babyproofing our house.

Here are a few other updates about Little:

-She weighs 15 lbs. 4 oz. Other than one major growth spurt that she had around 3 months old, she has pretty consistently been in the 10th percentile for height and weight. You can see where she gets her nickname. People at the grocery store always tell me she looks like a little doll sitting in my grocery cart. They will come up to me and ask me if she's old enough to be sitting up like that. When I tell them how old she is and what she can do, they are always surprised. Most all of the babies at church that were born after her are already bigger than her. She is my precious petite Little.

-She has increased her daily intake of solids, even since my last recent post about her finger foods. It's amazing how much food she takes in. This girl can eat! You'd never know it by how little she is, but I think it's because she doesn't stay still long enough to gain any weight. She is always on the move. In addition to her oatmeal, pureed fruits and vegetables, and finger food snacks, she has added to her diet chicken, a bit of table food (pasta, cut up bananas and green beans) and yogurt.

-We are in the process of transitioning from 3 naps to 2, and so far so good!

-Little has really gotten good at giving kisses. She will actually reach out and pull your face to her. The kisses are sloppy and wet, and I love them! She mainly gives them to Frank, my mom and me. She also tries to kiss other babies, but we're trying to limit that ever since she tried to kiss Isaac (about two months older than her) at church on Sunday. I told her we do not kiss boys! What a sweet little girl we have. She is truly a joy and just has the sweetest heart. I can't wait until she gets older so I can get to know her and her sweet little personality.

-Her newest favorite thing to do is to ride her dinosaur, which we call her Dino-cycle.
Have you ever seen anything more precious?

No comments:

Post a Comment