Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quick and Delicious Quesadillas!

I'm always looking for quick and easy meal ideas (that actually taste good). At our last playdate, Big Jen had some cheese quesadillas that she had fixed for Isaac. Little, who always eats Isaac's food when it's available, really liked them. So I decided to pick up some tortillas and try it myself. The first batch of quesadillas were just made with Monterey Jack cheese, and they were very tasty. But since then, I've decided to throw in a few tricks. I'm still planning on experimenting with other fillings, but for now here is my black bean and cheese quesadilla recipe. This literally takes less than 2 minutes to make, and it is delish!

1. Spray your skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat to medium/high.
2. Lay tortilla on skillet and then put cheese on half. I used the shredded four-cheese Mexican mix. Put a couple of spoonfuls of black beans on top of the cheese and then sprinkle some taco seasoning on top of that. Lastly, add more cheese.3. Fold over the unused half. By this time, the bottom should be starting to brown. When browned to your liking, flip over for a few more seconds to brown the other side.4. Cut into triangles using spatula, and serve with salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I now make a big ole quesadilla for lunch, and Isaac and I share it.

    ReplyDelete