Thursday, June 2, 2011

To Catch You Up

Wow...I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since my last post. We have been so busy, and there's a lot to catch you up on, so this post is going to be a catch-all. Normally, I would make a different post for each event, but since I've been majorly failing at taking pictures, it won't be too hard to just combine them all.

So, I can't remember too far back, so I'll just start with last weekend, Memorial Day weekend. We went to the Hot Air Balloon Festival at Point Mallard in Decatur on Saturday with my parents. There was SO much going on, including the Hot Air Balloon Festival, Arts & Crafts Trade Show, Tractor Show, Auto Show, and even their own American Idol competition. Unfortunately, we got there too late to see the balloons, but I did get this picture of some wind socks. HA!It was so unbelievably hot with little relief in any shade. We lathered the sunscreen on Little and she was such a trooper. We finally found an Arts & Crafts pavilion where we were able to sit in the shade and have a funnel cake. I definitely would not recommend going in the middle of the afternoon if you're thinking of going next year. It is just too hot.
Sunday, Frank's parents decided to come up to visit with us for a couple of days for the holiday. We were so glad to have them, and Little really enjoyed spending time with them. They were so gracious to stay home with her on Sunday night so Frank and I could go to a late movie, a luxury that we have definitely missed since having Sweet Pea.

And on to Monday...Now that Little eats "Big People" food, she loves to share food off your plate. Here she is requesting some of Big Daddy's breakfast, even though she had already eaten yogurt and a cereal bar of her own.For lunch, we grilled out with Frank's parents and with Clint & Leah. Frank's mom made some awesome deviled eggs that we devoured in a matter of seconds, and they brought up some potato salad and steaks. Frank did a wonderful job cooking the steaks. We also had corn casserole and sauteed green beans. The meal was topped off with Frank's mom's strawberry pretzel salad and an apple crumb pie that Clint & Leah brought. We ate way too much, as usual. And the only pics I got were these two of Little in her red, white & blue dress and in her bathing suit getting ready to go out to her baby pool. I must have been too busy eating to remember to take any pictures.
What a sweetie!

Wednesday, we had Girl's Day Little Pea Adventure. Frank, Leah, my mom, Little and I went to Nothing But Noodles and then all the girls went birthday shopping for Little at Target. She had such a good time walking down the toy aisles pushing the buttons of the toys that make music. She was so content the whole time we were there. I told my mom that if I ever need a fun outing for Little, I'll just take her to Target. Next, we went to Ann Taylor Loft (which you know from previous posts that she loves) and Little made some new friends in the dressing room. It was definitely a fun Little Pea Adventure.

And this brings me to today, which was also a big day. Little met two of her newest friends today. And when I say new, I mean they were JUST BORN! Two of our close friends had babies and were in rooms right down the hall from each other at the hospital. First we met Luke Mitchell, and boy is he a cutie! He surprisingly has blond hair, unlike the rest of his family.
Next, we went down the hall to meet Ellis Anne. She's a beauty!
You might remember a few posts back where we had a baby shower at our house to welcome Miss Ellis Anne. We're so glad the newest babies are here!
And today's Little Pea Adventure ended with dinner at Jason's Deli. Now that Little is going to bed a little later, we are able to take her out to dinner some. She made a couple of friends there, too. She's a little social butterfly.

So, you can see, things NEVER slow down at our house. I've just got to remember to take more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment