Thursday, June 23, 2011

5 minute meal: Salmon

Every time Little and I go grocery shopping, we pick up some fresh seafood to cook, usually tilapia or salmon. Those are two of my favorite things to cook not only because they are delicious but also because they are the easiest and fastest meals to make. Today, Publix had fresh wild salmon, the best kind to eat. I thought I'd share my salmon recipe with you. This is one of those things that I never order out at restaurants because I like mine best. Don't we all have recipes like that? Anyways, this is the easiest meal and it literally takes 5 minutes. Seriously, you have to wear a watch or have a clock while you're cooking it in order to not overcook. I like to serve mine with rice and do NOT like instant rice, so since it takes longer to cook, I usually start my rice and then go do something else for 15 minutes or so and then come back to finish up the meal.

1. Heat olive oil in skillet on medium to medium/high heat.
2. Rinse fresh salmon filets and then lay non-skin side down for 30 seconds. This is simply to sear in the juices. Watch the clock!
3. Flip salmon over onto the skin side and cook for 3-4 minutes, depending on thickness. While it's cooking, sprinkle with Seafood Magic (Pictured below). And again, watch the clock!4. Flip over to the non-skin side for 1 more minute. Flip it back over and smear some of the teriyaki stir-fry sauce over the top.
5. And you're done! Make sure you don't overcook it.

I usually make one of the Publix Steam-in-a-bag veggies to go with it; usually something green, but tonight I was in the mood for corn. They only take 5 minutes, so if you start them when you start your fish, everything will get done at the same time.
This is a great meal for baby, too. The way the fish flakes makes it the perfect size for finger foods. Little was definitely a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment