Monday, January 23, 2012

Getting Ready for Lincoln!

This past weekend, we finished Lincoln's nursery for the most part. There are still pictures that need to be put in frames and cleaning that needs to be done, but the bed is ready and the curtains are hung!Preparing the nursery was so easy this second time around. For one thing, we didn't have to paint. Also, with this being a second child, I knew things that I really needed and really didn't and basically just kept it simple. When we were preparing Amara's nusery, we bought the whole crib bedding set, but I quickly realized that we didn't use hardly any of it! The crib skirt was only used for a few months because once we lowered the mattress when she started pulling up, we had to take it out. Also, we never really used the bumpers because of them being a suffocation hazard. So this time around, I knew exactly what we're going to need and left it at that.

I wanted a crib skirt but didn't want to spend a lot on one since we'll probably only use it for 6 months or so. I absolutely love madras fabric but all the pillows and bedding pieces I saw on different websites were so expensive. I wondered if I could find the fabric and make it. So, my mom mentioned that I should check Hobby Lobby. And I was just sure that they wouldn't have what I was looking for, but to my surprise, they had EXACTLY what I was looking for! And the woman that worked there told me to pull up a coupon on my phone to get 40% off at the register when I checked out. So, for the price of one sham at PBK (you can guess where I'm talking about), my mom and I made the crib skirt, two throw pillows and two shams! And the crib skirt fabric can be changed into something else later. I was so excited! And I'm so glad that this is a room that Lincoln can grow into.Frank picked out some really nice navy curtains at Lowe's for such a great price. As far as decor for the room, we have this awesome olive green mantle that our good friends were going to leave on the wall in their kitchen at their old house. They said we could take it, and I'm so glad we did because it's perfect for the nursery. On the mantle is a vintage looking car door frame I got at Hobby Lobby and also some wooden letters that I painted red. Frank has got to attach a wood block to the back of the "C" to keep it from rolling off, so for the picture it's just leaning. I also got a vintage looking school bus picture frame, and it's hanging on the wall by the crib.Above the changing table are frames in the colors of the fabric. Next week we are getting new family/maternity pictures taken, so the frames will only have the Hobby Lobby models in them for a little while longer.Next task is to clean, clean, clean. And then just wait for baby! Speaking of baby, tomorrow we will get to see him at our 4D ultrasound. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment