Sunday, January 15, 2012

Adventures in our Kitchen

For those of you who follow my blog, you know that Frank and I really like to cook. My latest experiment was homemade banana pudding. My mouth is actually watering as I type this. It was delish! I ate a third of it by myself as soon as it came out of the oven. Isn't it beautiful? I normally don't like meringue, but it definitely tastes different when you make it from scratch and eat it warm. Yum yum!Little has also taken up an interest in cooking lately, particularly cooking with her Daddy. You should know that Frank makes the best homemade chocolate chip cookies I have ever had. So, he decided to make a chocolate chip cookie cake with Little Pea. Here they are at work. And what cookie cake is complete without homemade chocolate icing? My thoughts exactly. So, my contribution was the icing, and Little helped clean the bowl. You may notice Frank's beard. He decided to grow this about a week ago, and I must say that I do think he is very handsome with it.

Frank also likes to juice veggies and fruits. Yesterday, he harvested quite a few carrots from our garden and decided to make some juice with them. Of course, Little Pea wanted to help with this also. He had planned on drinking the juice for lunch, but she ended up drinking half of it in one swig. This girl loves carrots!

No comments:

Post a Comment