Sunday, March 27, 2011

What a Day!

I've tried and tried to come up with a word to describe today, and the only word I can come up with is exciting! It all started as we were getting ready for church this morning. Now that I don't have to nurse Little at church, I have a lot more options on what to wear. In addition, I can now get back into clothes that I haven't worn in years. So, today, I decided to wear a dress. And surprise surprise, my legs and feet were well enough to handle heels today. I was thrilled! I thought surely that I'd be more sore with this cold weather, but not today! So, I started out the day with feeling decent about my outfit. (Ladies, you know how this can get you started in the right direction for the day.)

So then, we took Little to the nursery where she immediately started playing with her friends. They gave me a "buzzer," which is really a pager so the nursery workers can get in touch with parents if necessary. Frank and I went to the worship service and then to Sunday School, and I never got buzzed! You have to realize how amazing this is. Little takes a nap EVERY morning at 9:00, and she misses that nap to come to church. She has never been able to rest in the nursery because there is just so much to do and so many friends to see. So, at some point, I always get buzzed because she's just upset from being so tired. Because of this, we usually leave straight after Sunday School so Little can make up her missed nap on the car ride home, which means we don't get to go to lunch with our friends. Before we had Little, we went to lunch EVERY Sunday with friends and I have SO missed that. So, you may be thinking, where is the excitement in this? Well, I went down to the nursery to get Little after Sunday School, expecting to walk up to a crying Sweet Pea. On the contrary, she was actually asleep! Yes, that's right, asleep in the nursery. I was ecstatic! I hugged the nursery worker while asking her if this was inappropriate for me to be hugging her. Thankfully, she just laughed. And I left to go socialize to let Little sleep awhile longer. She ended up sleeping for 45 minutes! And because she took a nap, we were able to go to lunch with our friends!!! Can you hear the excitement? Can you see me smiling through the computer? If you were in our Sunday School class, you'd understand. We have the greatest group of people to hang out with.

This leads me to the lunch story, which is more funny than exciting. Warning: This contains information about baby poop. So, Little was wired at lunch. Not only had she just woken up and had a bottle, but she was sitting by one of her buddies, Catherine, and was at Jason's Deli where there are oodles and oodles of people to look at and socialize with. She definitely has her momma's personality. Well, about halfway through our lunch, Little started grunting...A LOT. And you know what this means. So I turn to Frank, who can't hear her because he's having a conversation of his own with another friend, and let him know that she's going to need a fresh pair of panties (No, she's not really wearing panties...it's just what we call her diapers). He didn't realize what he was volunteering for and offered to take her to the men's restroom to see if they have a changing table in there. What a sweet husband and daddy! And I accepted the offer. I knew it was going to be bad. He was gone for awhile and when he got back, he looked at me very seriously and said "You owe me." Ha! As if I don't do this every day. So, then he proceeds to tell me that while he was in the restroom, a man walked in and happened to pass by as he was doing the panty change, and the man said "Woah!" And he looked at Frank with a really serious look on his face and said, "Do you want me to send for help?" Frank looked back at him and said "I got this. " He said the moment was like two buddy cops with one about to stay behind to diffuse a bomb and the man, as he was walking out, said to Frank "Good luck." It's really hilarious to hear him tell the story. And kudos to Jason's Deli for having a changing table in the men's restroom.

When we got home, Frank built Little a fort, and of course it was big enough for us to get in, too! Oh the memories of childhood, and to think now we have a child of our own to make new memories with.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! The Jason's Deli excerpt made me laugh out loud! Such a fun day-I hate that we missed lunch. Love the fort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, my mother found out about this information from her cousin. She suggested that I pass it along to you. It's a natural pain killer. There is a very long audio about it below. Just wanted to pass the information along to you.

    The hushed-up truth about DMSO


    And the new pain breakthrough that's 12 ways more powerful

    Twenty years ago, 60 Minutes showcased this "pain miracle" to 70 million viewers, and The New York Times hailed it in a lead editorial. Then it virtually disappeared from the halls of healthcare. WHY?

    See inside for the shocking truth, and the new breakthrough that...

    http://clicks.hsionline.com//t/AQ/AASlBA/AASvdg/AAOQTQ/AQ/AbZoLw/6zfG

    Order Form: https://web-purchases.com/650SSOO/E6EAM3EM/location.html

    ReplyDelete