Sunday, March 20, 2011

9 months and counting...

My Sweet Little Pea turned 9 months old on the 17th. She just gets sweeter and sweeter, if that is even possible. You can see her sweet personality in these pictures. Katie Cochran took some awesome pics so we can remember this special time in Little's life. I have loved watching her grow and can't wait to see what a beautiful young woman she is going to be one day. Frank was unable to make it for the pictures, but Katie took some of Little and me.For her nine month birthday, she decided to get not one new tooth, not two, but THREE new teeth for a total of four altogether. What a week! She has definitely been a trooper through the teething process.
Little has increased her daily food intake. She now eats solids 4 times a day (breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner) and has milk 4 times a day.
She has done really well with transitioning down to 2 naps. They usually are about 1 to 1.5 hours each. Sometimes she'll sleep longer, sometimes shorter. She is still going to bed between 6 and 6:30 every night and wakes up around 7:00 in the morning. She has gotten to where she really likes to go to bed. When I start carrying her to the crib, as soon as the crib is in sight she starts reaching for it. Then she rolls over and watches me walk out of the room. What a sweetie!
Little is now working on her balancing. She is getting better and better at standing by herself, not holding onto anything. She also pushes her dino-cycle around at pretty much a running pace. We definitely think she'll be walking soon.
The hair on the top of Little's head is now long enough to clip a bow in. How fun!

Little's eyes are still blue! I'm thinking they're going to stay that way. People make comments about her eyes and always ask me where she gets those. The shape is definitely mine (exactly like my baby pictures) but the color remains a mystery. Her granddad and uncle both have blue eyes, so we'll credit them with passing those to her. Thanks Big Daddy and Daniel! After the photo shoot, my Mom, Little and I went to JoAnn's Fabrics to finish off our Girls' day. Little had a lot of fun looking at all the colorful fabrics, and I found some great fabrics and patterns so I can make her some outfits for the summer. I am most excited about the birthday fabric I bought to make her a birthday dress. There will definitely be a post about each of the upcoming sewing projects. There will be lots!

Until next time...
Love to all...

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!! I love the ones where she is playing with her skirt. All girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are wonderful! What a gorgeous little girl (and mama!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics! You can see a lot of her sweet personality in them! Love you!

    ReplyDelete