Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sewing Project #3...Little's Birthday Dress!



Here are the beginnings of Amara's birthday dress. I realize that I should probably wait until I have a finished product to post, but I couldn't resist sharing the cuteness. First pic is the front, next pic is the back. I just love the criss-cross on the back and the pink rick rack on the entire dress. There will also be yellow buttons at the top (right now it's just pinned), but first I have to learn how to make buttonholes on my sewing machine. The plan is to have her name embroidered on the front. The pattern came with bloomers, but I think we'll pair this dress with leggings instead. Also, I have enough fabric left to make a tablecloth for her birthday party. I can't even believe it's almost time to start planning!

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! And hey, I started decorations for Isaac's party over a month ago. Can't ever start too early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, this is adorable! I can't believe your making it.... I have no idea how to sew! Great job!! The fabric is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! Can't wait to see her in it!

    ReplyDelete