Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pool Party!

PRAISE the LORD for a better day as far as my arthritis was concerned. I can't even tell you how much better I felt today than I have in weeks. And it was great timing because today we had a pool party at our house that has been planned since last year! This party was for our former Sunday School class, Cornerstone. I say former because the affinity groups changed at church, and Cornerstone is no longer officially a Sunday School class. But we will carry on and fun will be had! And the weather couldn't have been more perfect for a day in the pool!

We started with lunch. BBQ, potato salad, baked beans, chips, can you say YUM? The kids ate at the kid table and shared their food with each other. How sweet they were! And the rest of us ate at the adult table. That's so strange that we are now the adults and not the kids. Where did time go?Then, we headed outside for some pool time. The guys (Frank in particular) thought it was a good idea to put the baby pool in the big pool, like a mini island. Seriously? And here is the only shot of me from the day, thanks to Big Jen and her camera. Me and my little water baby. Little really did great today at kicking in the water. I was so proud!
After pool time, we went inside to eat a little more before calling it naptime. I sure do miss our class but am so glad we can all still get together and hang out.

1 comment: