Saturday, May 21, 2011

House Projects Update

Awhile back, I told you that we'd be working on some house projects over the next few weeks. Well, today was one of those days. Of course, when I say "we," that doesn't really include me. I was busy taking care of Little. But much thanks goes out to Frank's parents who helped him conquer some major projects today. First of all, Frank and his dad built a really nice platform to cover our old hot tub that was collecting dirt, leaves, and who knows what else. The plan is to put a fire pit on the platform. Of course, I had to throw out my suggestion for a karaoke machine and dance stage, but the fire pit will win this one. It also makes a nice footrest. I'm planning to get some nice outdoor cushions for the bench.They also started the major pressure washing project. You never really know how dirty your stuff is until you pressure wash and compare. Frank's mom was a pro at pressure washing the siding on the garage. Here is a before and after photo.And take a look at the concrete. Frank even wrote my name in it with the pressure washer. It really didn't look that dirty until the clean parts were right beside the dirty ones. What a difference!And since we're talking about the backyard, I'll add that my Mexican lillies are blooming beautifully. I planted these 2 years ago not knowing anything about them. When I planted them, there were 3 flowers. They have come back every year and multiplied. Take a look now!The garden is doing great, too. We actually picked a tomato off the vine this weekend, and I made spaghetti with fresh herbs from my herb garden.

Little had a good time today, too. She walked around the yard with Momma J while all the work was going on and then had a good time playing with Big Daddy's tools. We are so thankful to have both my parents and Frank's parents so close. What a huge blessing they are to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment