Saturday, April 16, 2011

Surprise!

Today we threw a surprise baby shower at our house for Anne. By "we", I mean a few close friends and Anne and Jon's families. We have been planning the shower for quite some time now, and we successfully pulled off the surprise! What an accomplishment! I never realized how complicated throwing a surprise shower can be.

Here is a shot of everyone waiting to welcome Anne as she walks in:

And here is Anne as she came in the door with tears of joy:

It was so sweet, and she was so surprised. There was lots of family here.
I love these girls.

Even the guys made it, and for most of them it was their very first baby shower to attend. Clint admitted that it was all he hoped for and more, and I'm sure he wasn't being sarcastic.

Little had a great time at the party, too.

We had so much food thanks to Anne's sister and mom, Jon's mom, Leah and Stephnie. It was definitely a team effort and very delicious! Notice the gorgeous centerpiece made by Anne's mom. She is so creative!
Almost all of the decorations were homemade. I made this diaper cake and wreath (first ones ever and not too shabby, I must say).
I sewed this banner with baby girl's name on it and made this dress for her (sewing project #4). Anne got a lot of precious monogrammed gifts for Ellis. Looks like they won't be able to change their mind on the name now. But why would they? Ellis Anne...such a beautiful name. I can't wait to meet her! And I know these two are anxiously awaiting her arrival! Congratulations Jon and Anne!

1 comment: