Monday, April 18, 2011

A Few Updates

I thought I'd post a few updates for those of you that are keeping up with the blog.

First of all, our garden has sprouts! We can actually see sprouts for cabbage, beans, corn, brussel sprouts and spinach. Our orange and lemon trees also have lots of little fruit on them. The orange tree has so much fruit that we will eventually have to remove some of the oranges or the limbs will break off. They are really loaded up. The herb garden is also doing great, except the basil which is being eaten by something.

Second, I go back to the rheumatologist tomorrow. I don't really know what to expect with this visit, other than hopefully I'll find out some results from all the labwork they did last time. My medicine still hasn't started working, and I've been in some pain the past few days as the weather has been so unpredictable. Hopefully I'll get some good news tomorrow.

Third, I've sewn yet another piece of clothing. This is clothing #5 for me. I went back to my trusty first pattern ever, but instead of doing a dress, I made a top for Little. My mom had some fabric leftover from Little's Easter dress (pink seersucker with elephants), so I used that to make her an Easter top for the egg hunt we'll be going to on Saturday. Here it is pictured with some of her pants (I did not make those). I am definitely getting my money's worth out of this pattern!By the way, her Easter dress is TOO cute! I can't wait to see her in it and take pictures! I will definitely be posting.

And the most important update of all...Little is 10 months old! Here is a tidbit about her that I haven't yet shared with you...She LOVES the vaccuum. How funny is that? She gets so excited when I get the vaccuum out, which happens to be almost every day. She makes me keep a clean house because she likes to inspect my floors and pick up any little speck or leaf or dog hair and try to taste it. She will even lift up my rugs and look under them. Who ever said having a kid will make you have a messy house? Those people don't live with Little.

She is still going on her Little Pea Adventures, at least once a day. Today, in addition to going on a walk, she surprised my dad at his work and then we went to lunch with him. Here are a couple of pictures of her hanging out in his office.She really is getting so big and is looking so much older now that she has six teeth. I've really got to get planning on her birthday party. I'm working on a sewing project, a banner with her name on it, for the party. I'm amazed every morning when I see her. I seriously think she grows overnight.

1 comment: