Sunday, November 28, 2010

Let me introduce you to the sweetest baby in the world


Yes, that's right. I have the sweetest baby in the world. Her name is Little (aka Amara) and if you've met her, you know what I'm talking about. Now I do realize that a few of you that read this have or have had babies and may feel differently, but I must say that I'd be willing to bet on this. (I may be a little biased, right?) This post will hopefully help you to know her better.

First, you should know this about me, her momma. I am not a baby person. At least, I wasn't before she came along. I was never one to want to hold other people's babies. I wasn't a babysitter when I was younger. It just never was a desire of mine to spend time with babies. Little, however, has totally changed my world. I LOVE spending time with her and her little baby friends (Julip, Isaac, etc). I am completely smitten with her. I even miss her when she's taking naps because she is just so much fun and really is so sweet!

With that said, let's move on to more about her.

We call her Little because she was so tiny when she was born. She really looked like a little doll. She was 6 lbs and only 17 1/2 inches long. She has definitely caught up since then though. She grew almost 5 inches during her first 2 months and even more since then. She weighs over 14 lbs now. But to us, she will always be Little. It's amazing, though, to watch her grow. I literally think she grows sometimes during her naps. She'll wake up and I'll just have to ask if she has grown. And I realize that she will more than likely be taller than me (I'm only 5'1"), but she will always be Little to me.

Now back to her sweetness. She is such a happy baby. People at church constantly ask us, "Is she always this happy?" And we proudly say "Yes!" She loves people and will let anyone hold her. But beware if you hold her and get too close, she just might hug your face and even suck on your cheek. She rarely cries. The only times she really cries is if she is really tired or if she is in pain. We know that if she is crying then something is really wrong. She doesn't even cry in a lot of situations where it might be expected, like when she falls over or gets shots at the doctor. Last time we went for shots (this is not an exaggeration), she cried for about 5 seconds with the first shot and then she smiled at the nurse when she got the second shot. No joke! Frank is pretty sure she is a superhero, and I'm beginning to think so myself.

Is that not the sweetest face you've ever seen? Here are a few tidbits about her to help you get to know her better:

-She loves to talk. She will carry on a conversation and keep going as long as you will talk to her. Of course, it's not in English, but she loves the conversation.

-She loves Mollie "Pancake," the dog. Actually, they love each other. It's been great having them together because Little isn't afraid of dogs now. When we go for walks in our neighborhood, if she hears a big dog bark, she doesn't even flinch. That's my girl!

-She has the sweetest laugh, and her daddy is best at getting her to laugh. Have I mentioned yet how much she loves her daddy? It's really fun to see. In the mornings when he gets ready for work, we sit on the bed and she just makes goo-goo eyes and smiles at him the whole time. To say he is wrapped around her finger might be a bit of an understatement.

-She is the best baby. I mean really, she is so "good" that it almost makes me afraid to have another child. Seriously, what are the odds that we would have another one that is as good as her. I mean, aside from the fact that she rarely cries, she has been sleeping through the night since very early on. For the past couple of months, she generally goes to bed around 6:30 or 7:00 and then wakes up around 6:30 or 7:00.

-For the past month, we have added cereal to her diet. She is doing great with it and even tried to feed herself. To our surprise, she has liked the rice cereal and the oatmeal cereal since she first tried it. I'm interested to see how she'll do when we move on to other foods.

-She's also been sitting up by herself for the past month or so. She's doing great at this, but she isn't really interested in crawling. We think she may walk before she crawls (haha...is that possible?) because she really likes to stand up and even jump, with help of course.

-She loves to play in her jungle gym, which she usually does a few times each day. She is very careful as she touches and discovers each new animal. She is so gentle to touch the different fabrics and really observe everything.

-She is a very busy baby. She doesn't like to just lounge around. She always wants to be doing something, whether it's playing in the jungle gym, tummy time, flying (with momma's help), dancing, or just having a conversation.

Okay, I realize this is a long post, but we have family that will appreciate the updates. And the last thing you may be thinking is, how did she get to be so sweet in the first place? Well, I think she gets it from her momma.

Love to all...

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post about a sweet momma and a sweet baby! :) Julip and Amara are going to be friends forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I say I miss her even though I haven't officially met her yet? Cause I do! Thanks for posting this Mandy - Amara definitely has my vote for the sweetest baby in the world!

    ReplyDelete